Tuesday, November 25, 2008

First Timer

So I've been deciding over the last couple days just how I was going to introduce myself to the world of blogging. Yes, I am a blogging virgin, and believe me when I say I have never felt any gayer then I do right at this moment after having said that.

While ruminating over the words I would use for this baptism into the paperless world, i thought back on the last time I had been asked to write a description of myself.

It was the summer before my freshman year of college. I was working at Clarkstown Physical Therapy and just starting to discover the joys of smoking weed, when I received a letter from Iona College. Inside was a packet of questions, and a letter explaining how the following questions were carefully selected and my answers will be evaluated by Iona so they can match me with a roommate. Not being sure how to handle such a momentous task I did what I often did at that time in my life; called up my friends Jolly and Pat, brought a fat bag of weed, and proceeded to bake out my car while behind the safety of Kohls. Once home I read over the questions and made the decision that I would only answer one. It might have been the fact that I was immensely lit, may have been due to me being a lazy piece of shit at times, or as I look back now, I could have had something to do with my low self confidence and self loathing; whatever the reason, I answered no questions that were about myself or my preferences. The only question in the entire packet that I did answer, I don't remember the exact wording, read something like "What interests would you most prefer your future roommate to have?" I wrote down the two most honest and fitting word that I could think of, "partying and snowboarding." Iona College gave me Matt Reen.

Quite possibly the best roommate pairing of the '08' year and exactly what I asked for.

So what was the point of this story? Maybe its to show that sometimes the simple and direct answer is really all you need. So can I describe myself now? After these past 4 magic years of college I think i finally can;

I'm Brian, I'm an only child, I'm straightforward to my friends, family, and anyone who asks for it or needs to hear that way, I drink green tea like I'm being payed to promote it, and I can quote for you every single line from the movie "My Cousin Vinny."

So what do I hope to achieve by blogging?

I have done some fucked up shit, had some even worse shit done to me, and I have countless other thoughts, opinions, and stories that I need to put out there. If for no-one else, I'm here for myself. Some of my closest friends and family do not even know the full truth about much of my life. So you can say I've decided to not take this blog too lightly. In the end the only people I'm here to even try to entertain are the four friends I started this with. And for those of you who think my writing sucks, or just hate reading, I will always post a link to something funny and less tedious for you.

Alright well thats enough of this shit for now.

For those of you getting sick of hearing about those commercials about the converter box for cable changing.

Funny Video to check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH37RiYfHT8

No comments: